Calvin Stoey Graham Family History This site is best viewed at a 1280 x 800 screen resolution.
Here is the research paper on Calvin Stoey Graham (1905-1983)
My name is Boog Graham. I’m the son of Robert Harvey Graham and Dorothy Irene Klinger. My mother’s grandparents included the Klinger ~ Kitner Lineage and the Wrightstone ~ Arnold Lineage.
My father’s grandparents included the Graham ~ Greenawalt Lineage and the Barr ~ Ellis Lineage.
We didn’t have a very good relationship with my Graham family. Our father left our mother in 1961, when we we were young. Even though our Graham family wasn’t involved in our lives, they unintentionally taught us a few insightful lessons and perspectives on family; providing us with a guide in relationships.
The following is part of an oral history and mementos from the Calvin and Ruth Graham family.
Calvin was born to November 29th 1905 to William Graham and Sarah Greenawalt in the farming community of Mongul in Lurgan Township Franklin County Pennsylvania. Calvin’s middle name, Stoey, came from Oliver P. Stoey who was the local practicing doctor in Lurgan during the time Calvin was born. Dr. Stoey most likely delivered Calvin into the world. 
Calvin attended the local Mongul School, completing the 8th grade level of education. At 19 years old he hopped a train his Uncle Thomas Greenawalt was conductor on, and made his way to Harrisburg Pennsylvania. He worked as a mechanic and service manager in the local garages and car dealers in the area. 
When Calvin was 21 years old, he married 19 year old Ruth Etta Barr. on Jun 29th 1927 in Harrisburg Pennsylvania. Ruth was born May 5th 1908 to Harvey Joseph Barr and Sarah Henrietta Ellis in Harrisburg, Dauphin County Pennsylvania.
Ruth attended the newly formed Central Pennsylvania Business College on Market Square Harrisburg Pennsylvania. She would eventually graduate from the school in May 1927, before she married Calvin. 
After Calvin and Ruth married, they lived at 203 Brisban Street in Paxtang Borough Harrisburg Dauphin County Pennsylvania. They eventually would purchase a home on Paxtang Street, only to lose the home during the great economic depression in the 1930s.
In 1933 the family moved to Franklinton York County Pennsylvania, where their five children would live and attend school.
i. Robert Harvey Graham was born October 4th 1928 in Harrisburg, Dauphin County Pennsylvania. He married Dorothy Irene Klinger on November 5th 1948.
ii. Sarah Louise Graham was born a twin on September 15th 1930 in Harrisburg, Dauphin County Pennsylvania. She married Harry (June) Rosenberger on July 1st 1955.
iii. Jean Marie Graham was born a twin on September 15th 1930 in Harrisburg, Dauphin County Pennsylvania. She married Roy Eugene Hipp on July 19th 1951.
iv. Patricia Ann Graham was born February 4th 1935 in Harrisburg, Dauphin County Pennsylvania. She married Alfred (Al) Fred Napoli on May 9th 1953.
v. Keith Ellis Graham was born in Hanover York County Pennsylvania. He married Carol Elaine Davis on August 28th 1972 in Burnettsville Indiana.
Robert (Bob) Harvey Graham was born to Calvin Graham and Ruth Barr on October 4th 1928 in Harrisburg, Dauphin County Pennsylvania. Bob was five years old when his family moved from Harrisburg to Franklintown Pennsylvanian. At the time Franklintown was becoming less of a local farming community, and more of a modern suburban commuter town. Here Bob would be his mischievous self, and attend the local schools.
In 1945 Bob quite school, completing the 11th grade, and enlisted in the Navy on January 21st 1946. After receiving his training at Camp Perry Virginia, he left May 29th 1946 for his two year duty in Yokasuka Japan.  After his two year hitch was up in 1948, Bob met and married Dorothy (Dottie) Irene Klinger at six o’clock on November 5th 1948 at the Evangelical United Brethren parsonage in Mechanicsburg Cumberland County Pennsylvania.  Dottie was born November 28th 1928 to Edwin Charles Klinger and Irene Nary Wrightstone in Shiresmanstown Cumberland County Pennsylvania.
Bob worked as a machinist for the Clymer Machine Shop and Dottie for the J.D. Ferry Company. Our mother wore a blue business style dress, known as a street-length dress, with black accessories, and a corsage of yellow roses. They would live at 35 West Locust Street in Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania. 
Our parents met through their employers working relationship. The J.D. Ferry Company made manufacturing equipment, like potato chip fryers for Hanover chips, and the Clymer Machine Shop manufactured equipment and automotive parts. Dottie was pregnant when they married, and they began their family.
i. Joan Eileen Graham was born at the Seidle Memorial Hospital, Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania. She married Steven Eugene Brent on April 4th 1970 at the United Brethren Church Franklintown, York County Pennsylvania. Steve was born to Logan and Susan Brent in Washington D.C. Steve was previously twice married before he married Joan, and once after he married Joan. Steve and Joan had two daughters.
1. Amy Renee Brent was born at the Seidle Memorial Hospital, Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania. She attended the Duquesne University, and gratyatred as a licensed Pharmacist. In 2013, Amy lives with her partner in Lemoyne Pennsylvania.
2. April Christina Brent was born at the Seidle Memorial Hospital, Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania. She attended Central Penn Business School, the school of Edgar Cayce's Association for Research and Enlightenment, and the Loyola University Maryland. April works in the education field as a counselor and social worked. She married Steve Amos of Mechanicsburg in 2009, and they are the parents of Franklin Graham Amos. 
ii. Rosemary Ann Graham was born at the Seidle Memorial Hospital, Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania. Rosemary attended Harrisburg Area Community College, and worked as a financial analyst at the Naval Supply Depot in Mechanicsburg. On December 29th 1979, Rosemary married Paul Regis Conahan at the Holy Name of Jesus Church in Harrisburg Dauphin County Pennsylvania.
Paul was born April 4th 1945 in Hazelton Schuylkill County Pennsylvania. Paul’s parents were Paul Regis Conahan, who was born February 9th 1910 and died December 1st 1967, and Margaret McDermott who was born January 29th 1914 and died July 12th 1996.
Paul Conahan was previously married to Judy Brignull, and they had a son Paul Regis Conahan. Paul and Rosemary would divorce, and Paul died January 2nd 2002.
Paul and Rosemary Graham had two daughters.
1. Meagan Ross Conahan was born in Abington, Montgomery County Pennsylvania. After graduating from Ithaca College, she went to work in Manhattan New York City. In 2013 she was close with Jake Dahan.
2. Kaitlin Ann Conahan was born in Harrisburg Dauphin County Pennsylvania. Katie graduated from a dental technical school, and had a child; Kahana
iii. Robert (Boog) Calvin Graham was born at the Seidle Memorial Hospital, Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania. Boog briefly married his high school girl friend, Carole Jean Suter, on November 28th 1975, and thye divorced in June of 1977.
Then on August 13th 1977, he married is everlasting companion and friend, Janelle Aileen Taylor. She was born in Lancaster Pennsylvania to Kenneth James Henry Taylor and Jan Alice Hines. Mommy and Daddy as Janelle would call them. Boog and Janelle have two sons.
1. Justin Taylor Graham was born in Harrisburg Hospital Dauphin County Pennsylvania. Justin 1st married Ashley Constance Goss. Ashley was born to Bob Goss and Marilyn Imafake. Justin divorced Ashley in November 2007. Justin and Ashley had two children.
a. Taylor Constance Graham was born in Harrisburg Hospital, Harrisburg Pennsylvania.
b. Jordon Alexander Graham was born in Harrisburg Hospital, Harrisburg Pennsylvania.
Justin then married Tyann Iona Kline of the Liverpool Perry County Mafiosos. Tyanne was born to Kimberly Aungst and Wendal Kline. Justin and Tyanne had two children.
c. Hayden Jorell Graham, named after Superman, the son of Jorell.
d. Riley Emma Graham.
2. Ian Robert Graham was born n Harrisburg Hospital Dauphin County Pennsylvania. We could write a book on Ian. He's our musician.
iv. Deborah Louise Graham was born. She married Lawrence Raymond Honaker on Sunday, February 17th 1974 in the Franklintown United Brethren Church, Franklintown Pennsylvania. They had no children, and she divorced Larry on April 4th 1978. Debbie did have two children with Roy George Einsig,  a sperm donor.
1. Khailin Einsig Graham was born January 24th 1978. He died February 20th 1982 1980 from complications with birth defects. He was laid to rest in the Rolling Green Cemetery Camp Hill Cumberland Co. Pensylvania.
2. Ezekeial Edwin Graham was born in the Harrisburg Hospital in Harrisburg Pennsylvania. He is known as Zek, and he looks like his father, Roy George Einsig. In 2013 Zek became a father, and a step-Graham is in our future.
In 1951, Bob began to work with the United States Army Ordinance Supply Section at the New Cumberland General Depot in New Cumberland Pennsylvania. Dottie also got a job working as a secretary for the Navy supply base in Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania. This enabled Bob and Dottie to move from Mechanicsburg to Bob’s home town of Franklintown. This move would eventually lead to a rift in our family.
While at new Cumberland, Bob worked a laborer and truck driver until he left in 1962 to open up a garage with his father Calvin. The garage was known as the Graham’s Service Center, which was located in Hampton Township, Cumberland County, at the intersection of Carlisle Pike and St. John’s Church Road in Camp Hill Pennsylvania. In 1963, our parents purchased a home in Clearview Estates in Hampton Township, which was also across the Carlisle Pike from the garage.
It was during this time Bob became infatuated with a 17 year old Cumberland Valley school girl, Sherry Ann Bowers. Bob also mismanaged the financial affairs of the garage, and he and his father would loss the garage through bankruptcy court. This caused a server split between our father and grandfather, and our father and mother.
Bob and Dottie separated, and she with the children remained at the home in Clearview Estates, while Bob went to live about a mile from the family in the Stough's Mobile Home Park. Bob also went back to work at the New Cumberland supply depot as a quality inspector. He was helped by Ruth Ort, who he would eventually live with on a farm on Kralltown Road in the Dillsburg and Franklintown area of York County Pennsylvania.
Between Bob’s continued change in life style and the bankruptcy, Dottie and the children slowly became estranged from the rest of the Graham family living in the Franklintown area. Bob and Dottie remained separated until 1974 when their son mediated their divorce.
Over time, the family slowly grew closer together, and Bob and Dottie enjoyed many events together at their grandchildren’s birthday parties and other holidays. Dottie was stricken with diabetes which she eventually succumbed to, and she died one day short of her 73rd birthday on November 27th 2001. Bob died not long after, on December 17th 2004. Evan after divorce, they were both laid to rest together in the Dillsburg Cemetery, Dillsburg York County Pennsylvania.
There’s always time for irony to remind us of the important things in life.
Sarah Louise Graham was born a twin on September 15th 1930 in Harrisburg, Dauphin County Pennsylvania. She married Harry (June) Rosenberger Jr. on July 1st 1955 at the United Brethren Church, Franklintown York County Pennsylvania.
Harry was born October 5th 1921 to Harry Rosenberger Sr. and Carrie Mae Motts in Dillsburg, York County Pennsylvania.
Sally worked in a bank, and June worked as an electrician for the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers, Facility Engineers Division of the New Cumberland Army Supply Depot in New Cumberland Pennsylvania. The family lived in Dillsburg Pennsylvania, and they had one daughter.
i. Sherry Ann Rosenberger was born in the Harrisburg Hospital, Harrisburg, Dauphin County Pennsylvania.
Sherry worked as an administrative assistant, and she married married April 8th 1977 to John Ellsworth Minich at the United Brethren Church, Franklintown York County Pennsylvania. John was born to Ellsworth C. Minich and Barbara J. Sillers in Carlisle Cumberland County Pennsylvania.
John and Sherry had two children.
1. Angela Nicole Minich was born in Carlisle, Cumberland County Pennsylvania.
2. John (Brady) Minich was born May 17th 1981 in Carlisle, Cumberland County Pennsylvania. Brady graduated from Susquehanna University as a business major. He was killed in Long Island New York while visiting his girl friend’s parents. Brady died in 2004. And was laid to rest in the Dillsburg Cemetery, Dillsburg York County Pennsylvania.
Jean Marie Graham was born a twin on September 15th 1930 in Harrisburg, Dauphin County Pennsylvania. She married Roy Herman Hipp on July 19th 1951, while visiting Roy’s parents, in Johnston City Tennessee. Roy was born September 9th 1928 to Eugene S. Hipp and Sallie Garmany in Mascot, Knox County Tennessee.
Jean worked as a secretary and administrative assistant for the former General Accident Insurance Company in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania. Roy was a Navy veteran, worked as a mechanic for the for a local heavy equipment manufacturer, L.B. Smith Inc. in Camp Hill Pennsylvania, a member of Aero Space Workers Union of York, and a member of the Harrisburg Consistory and Zembo Temple of Harrisburg. Roy and Jean were both members of the Franklintown United Brethren Church, Franklintown Pennsylvania.
Roy was 68 years old when he died June 1st 1997 of cancer. Jean was 75 years old when she died Friday morning at her home on June 9th 2006. They were both laid to rest in the Dillsburg Cemetery, Dillsburg York County Pennsylvania.
Jean and Roy had two sons.
i. Calvin Eugene Hipp was born in Carlisle Cumberland County Pennsylvania. We knew him as Corky. Calvin liked the local policitcs, and for a time ran for the seat of Township Supervisor, and Municipal Sewer Chief for Carroll Township York County.
Calvin was twice married. 1st to Catherine May Adams in Mechanicsburg Cumberland County Pennsylvania. Catherine was born to Dale Adams and Mary Jane Adams, who may have been related. Calvin and Catherine had one daughter.
1. Jessica Ann Hipp was born at Holy Spirit Hospital, Camp Hill Cumberland County Pennsylvania. She married Mr. Cable.
Calvin then married on October 8th 1978 to Susan Jane Konhaus in Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania. Susan was born July 10th 1952 to Paul Konhaus and Margaret Zimmerman. Calvin and Susan had one daughter.
2. Margaret Jean Hipp was born at Holy Spirit Hospital, Camp Hill Cumberland County Pennsylvania. She had a child and named her Bailey Hipp.
ii. David Lawrence Hipp was born December 28th 1954. Dave was a great guy. After high school, David joined the Air Force, and made it his career as a Nutritionist and Dietician.
While being stationed at the former Clark Air Force base in the Philippines, he met and married Jeannie L. Liwanag on May 15th 1986. Jeannie was born to Reuben Liwanag and Zenaida Laureano in Angeles Pam-Panga, Philippines.
Dave was medically discharged from the Air Force for throat cancer, which he eventually succumbed to and died from on July 4th 1992. He was only 37 years and 6 months old. He was laid to rest near his parents in the Dillsburg Cemetery, Dillsburg York County Pennsylvania. Dave and Jeannie had three children.
1. Shannon Marie Hipp was born in Goldsboro North Carolina. Shannon married
2. Jennifer Jean Hipp was born at the Clark Air Force Base, Philippines
3. Joshua Jazz (JJ) Hipp was born in the Philippines; adopted by David and Jeannie.
Patricia Ann Graham was born February 4th 1935 in Harrisburg Dauphin County Pennsylvania. She married Alfred (Al) Fred Napoli May 9th 1953 in Harrisburg Pennsylvania. Al was born October 30th 1925 to Agostino Napoli and Philamena Interi in Harrisburg Dauphin County Pennsylvania. Pat and Al had six children.
i. Raymond Agostino Napoli was born in Harrisburg Pennsylvania. Ray married April 28th 1973 to Janice Eileen Albert. Janice was born to Lewis William Albert and Marcella Olive Thomas at the Seidle Memorial Hospital in Mechanicsburg Cumberland County Pennsylvania. Ray worked for the Steel industry in Harrisburg and Steelton Pennsylvania, where he also was involved in the Steel Workers Union. Ray and Janice had two children.
1. Gina Renee Napoli was born in the Holy Spirit Hospital, Camp Hill Pennsylvania.
2. Brett Agostino Napoli was born in the Holy Spirit Hospital, Camp Hill Pennsylvania.
ii. Lewis (Lou) Anthony Napoli was born in Harrisburg Pennsylvania. He married Sherrie Lynn Camp on August 6th 1977. Sherrie was born to Chester Camp and Jessie Barker. Lou and Sherrie had two daughters.
1. Christina Renee Napoli was born in Harrisburg Pennsylvania.
2. Angela Maria Napoli was born in Harrisburg Pennsylvania.
iii. Joseph Michael Napoli was born in Harrisburg Pennsylvania. He married Lynne Leigh Wetzel on July 17th 1984. Lynne was born to Joseph Brenneman Wetzel and Caroline Mary Marzolf in the Seidle Memorial Hospital, Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania. Joe and Lynne had two children.
1. Carmella Marie Napoli was born in Harrisburg Pennsylvania.
2. Gary Augustine Napoli was born in Harrisburg Pennsylvania.
iv. Steven Bryan Napoli was born in Harrisburg Pennsylvania. He married Peggy Ann Sowers on May 26th 1980. Peggy was born to Richard Eugene Sowers and Betty Josephine Beck. Steve and Peggy had one child.
1. Ryan Steven Napoli was born in Harrisburg Pennsylvania.
v. Theresa Marie Napoli was born in Harrisburg Pennsylvania. She married John Fred Garner on May 7th 1983 in Mechanicsburg Cumberland County Pennsylvania. John was born to Fred Stanton Garner and Judith Ann Robinson. Terry and John had two children.
1. Patricia Ann Garner was born a twin on in Harrisburg Pennsylvania.
2. Nicholas Stanton Garner was born a twin in Harrisburg Pennsylvania.
vi. James Allen Napoli was in the Army for 20 years as a helicopter mechanic. He married Sherrie Lynette Brenner on October 20th 1984. Sherrie was born to Robert Louis Brenner and Mary Louise Evans in Harrisburg Pennsylvania. Jimmy and Sherrie had one daughter.
1. Ashley Nicole Napoli was born at Fort Campbell Kentucky.
Keith Ellis Graham was born in Hanover York County Pennsylvania. Keith was know in the family as Butch or Butchie. He married Carol Elaine Davis on August 28th 1972 in Burnettsville Indiana. Carole was born  to Clyde Allen Davis and Doris Ruth Landes in Logansport Indiana.
The family lives in the area of Fort Wayne Indiana, where Keith is an educator. Keith and Carole have two daughters.
i. Karen Graham was born in Harrisburg Pennsylvania. In 2013 Karen had graduated in 2000 from the University of Iowa College of Medicine. She holds Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants. Karen is an educator at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse Wisconsin, where she teaches Evidence-Based Medicine and Problem-Based Learning.
ii, Kimberly Graham was born in Harrisburg Pennsylvania. In 2013 Kimberly was married and lives in France with her husband and children.
[1.] This is most likely how Calvin received his middle name. The doctor lived in Lurgan Township area, Township Franklin County Pennsylvania.
[2.] Hopping the train and working as a mechanic came from the family, and Calvin’s 2nd cousin, Earl Hoffman of Harrisburg.
[3.] The Penn Business School dates back to 1881, and by 1923 the school was consolidated with other local business schools into the Central Pennsylvania Business College. The school was located at 15 S. Market Square in Harrisburg Pennsylvania, and offered a two year business skill development courses. In 1970 the school moved across the Susquehanna River to Summerdale Pennsylvania. In 2000 the school was approved to provide a four year curriculum as the Central Penn College.
[4.] Bob Graham’s Navy story comes from a newspaper article and his oral history to his family; Taylor ~ Graham Library, 479 County Line Road, York Springs Pennsylvania.
[5.] The church is known as the First United Methodist Church, 135 West Simpson Street, Mechanicsburg, PA
[6.] Bob and Dottie Graham’s wedding details came from a newspaper article and his oral history to his family; Taylor ~ Graham Library, 479 County Line Road, York Springs Pennsylvania.
[7.] Franklin was adopted as an infant in 2012, from a lady who was raped by an unknown assailant.
[8.] The Einsig name is the name of Janelle Taylor-Graham’s paternal grandmother; Bessie May Einsig who married Austin Taylor.
[9.] Of all the work we do on our families, this is the 1st time one birthday is shared between two family members; Keith’s wife Carole and Keith’s brother Bob’s son, Boog Graham, share the birth date September 28th 1952.
1. 1880 Oliver P. Stoey Census: Lurgan, Franklin, Pennsylvania; Roll: 1131; Family History Film: 1255131; Page: 93D; Enumeration District: 091; Image: 0191; Tenth Census of the United States, 1880; (NARA microfilm publication T9, 1,454 rolls); Records of the Bureau of the Census, Record Group 29; National Archives, Washington, D.C.
2. 1900 O. P. Stoey Census: Lurgan, Franklin, Pennsylvania; Roll: 1413; Page: 3B; Enumeration District: 0048; FHL microfilm: 1241413; United States of America, Bureau of the Census; Twelfth Census of the United States, 1900; Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1900. T623, 1854 rolls.
3. 1920 William Graham Census: Southampton, Franklin, Pennsylvania; Roll: T625_1572; Page: 3A; Enumeration District: 34; Image: 502; Fourteenth Census of the United States, 1920; (NARA microfilm publication T625, 2076 rolls); Records of the Bureau of the Census, Record Group 29. National Archives, Washington, D.C.; Note: Enumeration Districts 819-839 are on roll 323 (Chicago City).
4. 1930 Calvin S. Grahan Census: Paxtang, Dauphin, Pennsylvania; Roll: 2028; Page: 8A; Enumeration District: 86; Image: 145.0; FHL microfilm: 2341762; United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Fifteenth Census of the United States, 1930; Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1930; T626, 2,667 rolls.
5. 1940 Calean S Graham Census: Franklintown, York, Pennsylvania; Roll: T627_3641; Page: 3A; Enumeration District: 67-25; United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Sixteenth Census of the United States, 1940; Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1940; T627, 4,643 rolls.